This title and texts are protected by law

This title and those texts are protected by law.



I am the boss of my sexlife, the Book has arrived !

Click here to see my ebook on kindle !

www.amazon.ca/boss-sexlife-ebook/dp/B006BASS9S




Total Pageviews

Thursday 10 May 2012

What's with the baby craze anyway ?

A neighbour of mine, a surgeon in her late forties, started an affair with a consultant in his late fifties, five minutes later they moved in together even though she had a teenage son. They seemed to be happy for a couple of years but then he started to obssess about having a baby to the point that he hardly ever talked about anything else. How ridiculous ! At their age and already  having a young adult child each, what was the point or the hurry anyway ? His constant blabering ruined the quality of their relationship and she eventually left him. A friend of mine told me the other day that he always ends up being dumped by his girlfriends when they demand to have a baby and he refuses. At the age of 45 and having raised a teenage son, he considers his job is done and cant be bothered with bottles, tantrums and diapers anymore. I totally understand his position, why dont his girlfriends ?  I lost my favourite shagbuddy for this very reason, and it also happened to me when I was younger. It would seem some people figure that they must pregnate or procreate with each new significant lover. How irresponsible is that ?
I once turned down a guy who really wanted to date me by pretending I wouldnt date him because I had a boyfriend already, I liked him enough to let him down gently with a little white lie. His reaction was to ask me if I had any kids with my bf, else it was not a real relationship. What is that all about ?
A connection is a connection if you have a great time, tons of fabulous sex and whatever else feels good, wha do people ruin everything with the baby obligation ? Specially those who already have been through it. I have raised my children and now I am entitled to having fun. I know Im not the only adult in that case. So enough of the baby craze already !
 When a man or a woman tells you at the first opportunity that they dont ever want to have children , why try to change their mind and emotionally blackmail them ? This is a silly and very dangerous game where no one ever wins. If a child is conceived for this sad reason, he will not be loved, he might be abandoned or mistreated, at the very least ignored. You see ? No one wins.
Having a baby, creating a life, should take  even more important  thinking and planing than buying a house or studying for a degree.
This is not a tool to force a man to stay or a woman to submit. Babies are not tools !

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

completely agree Chantal - but women have body clocks and when they want one they want one. Babies are not a bargaining position to have one is a very serious proposition - not driven by hormones.

Chantal ! said...

You are so right but some men and women drive all their lovers crasy with such demands. When you say you dont want kids, or dont want more kids, people should respect that instead of forcing it on their lovers. Bringing a new life in the world should be the most thought about and best planned decision of one's life. Not a power game.